Yields: 2 Loaves
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups (12-oz) pkg sem-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, and vegetable oil in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups nuts and morsels. Spoon into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool on wire racks.
- Microwave remaining morsels in heavy duty plastic bag on high (100% power) for 45 seconds; knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with additional nuts.